Fri, May 13|
Long Island Cares
LIBA Day of Volunteering & Golf
Join your fellow LIBA members as we volunteer at Long Island Cares followed by some fun and food at Top Golf.
Time & Location
May 13, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Long Island Cares, 10 Davids Dr, Hauppauge, NY 11788, USA
About the event
Event Name: Warehouse Sorting and Packing
Dates: Friday, May 13, 2022
Time: 10:00 am-12:00 pm
Location: LIC Warehouse, 10 Davids Drive Hauppauge NY, 11788
Please advise your team:
- All volunteers must sign a liability form prior to volunteering. They must be emailed to email@example.com or handed in at the front desk the day you volunteer. Blank forms will be available at the front desk. PLEASE SEND A COPY TO JAMIE @ JAMIE.AUSTIN@CASWW.COM TO HAVE ON FILE.
- All volunteers must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or a negative COVID-19 test (rapid or pcr, no home tests-test must be within 3 days of event), to firstname.lastname@example.org or show proof at the front desk the day you volunteer.
- Dress comfortably and wear closed-toe shoes (required). Limit wearing expensive clothing/jewelry to prevent damage to these items.
- Any volunteer not vaccinated for COVID-19 must wear a mask.
- There is no bag storage available at the warehouse.
- Warehouse volunteers must be 18 or older.
- Parking is available in the parking lot. Additional parking is available at our Center for Community Engagement at 75 Davids Drive.
- Please provide a list of volunteer names 2-3 days prior to the event. Your group is limited to 10 people.
- When you arrive, please sign in at the front desk (check Warehouse department) and put on a volunteer tag. You will be greeted by the project manager, who will introduce your team to the volunteer project and answer any questions your team may have. Please remember to sign out when your group is done.
- Our sort and pack program relies on donated food. If we do not have enough donations, your group may finish early.
- Food donations are always needed and appreciated! If you would like to bring a donation when you come in, check out our most needed items here: https://www.licares.org/wp-content/uploads/Top-10-Most-Needed-Items.pdf.
- There are three exits in the warehouse: two in front and one in the rear. In case of emergency, please follow the exit signs and proceed to the nearest exit.
- This is an active warehouse; please do not wander around. Stay alert, as staff is working with forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Do not use any warehouse equipment without instruction and supervision from warehouse staff.
- No food, gum, drinks, vaping or smoking allowed in the warehouse. Water and coffee are available in the kitchen area near the lobby.
- Restrooms are in the lobby area.
- You must wash your hands before and after handling food, and after using the restroom.
- In case of inclement weather, Long Island Cares may open late or close for the day. We try to post closures on our website and social media, but please call before you come in to make sure Long Island Cares is open.
Help us spread the word! Use your away message to tell others that you are volunteering for Long Island Cares to help fight hunger! Enjoy your event and feel free to share pictures: Facebook: www.facebook.com/licares, Twitter: @longislandcares, Instagram: long_island_cares.
Thank you for donating your time to fighting hunger on Long Island! We look forward to working with your team!
Volunteer at LI CaresLong Island Cares
Fun, Food and GolfTop Golf